World Cup Levi reached its goal audience as men’s Slalom Opening gathered audience of around 6,000 people on Sunday. Ladies’ race on Saturday already broke the audience record with over 10,000 spectators.
– Including audiences of the side events, the total audience was 22,000 people, estimates General Secretary Mikko Saarinen.
Saarinen is satisfied with the organizations in general, even though there are always some things that could be done better.
– Our organization works professionally and there has been no surprises this time either. The organizing committee is in tune but we still need to take a step forward, lines Saarinen and praises at the same time all the volunteers and official partners.
The star of the weekend according to Saarinen is undoubtedly Tanja Poutiainen.
– Tanja took the place on the podium in front of the record audience. That is the best award also for us. The Levi Race has still unused potential.
Jouni Palosaari, the head of the organizing committee, is happy with the great weather conditions.
– First we got good cold weather for the preparation of the slope. Then it snowed just before the race, which made the scenery snow-white. And today we got a little sunshine for the live international broadcasting.
Palosaari thinks internationality is important.
– This year there were a lot of international corporate groups watching the race. Positive feedback from them has been overwhelming. They have been able to see all the facilities Levi has to offer.
Managing Director of Levi Matkailu, Jussi Töyrylä, also refers to potential of Levi.
– The arrangements have gone well but one can never be too satisfied. One has to go forward and try to find new ideas to leverage this potential. The aim is to establish this race and Levi as the number one event in people’s minds.
In addition to corporate groups, Töyrylä mentions the top decision makers.
- This could be a good opportunity for governmental decision makers to exploit Finland’s brand. Television coverage of 230 million viewers at this single event is bigger than in many other events taken together.